Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Beginning

Hello, my name is Andrew Owens. I am the founder and owner of "Electronics Bungalow". My business is in the pre-stages of being created and I will be using this blog to update the progress of it, then once it is up and running I will be posting product updates, specials, sales, and promotions on the site. I would also like to use this site as information for people that are trying get into business for themselves, I know it has been a little bumpy road for myself and I have found articles and websites that have helped me out so I would like to pay that forward.

Let me start by telling you a little about myself. I am 26 years old and I reside in Woodland Hills, CA. I moved to California from Florida in February, 2010 where I spent most of my life. I attended Florida State University and received by undergraduate degree in Business Management. Currently I am taking online classes for a Masters in Accounting & Financial Management.

I have had the 9-5, Monday-Friday jobs with crummy pay just like everyone else and I grew tired of it. I felt like I could do more for myself with something that is my own that I can work on in my own hours and be my own boss. I wanted to create something I could be proud of and make a respectable income with so I decided to create an online electronics store. I felt like there is always a demand for electronics and if I can get my price my products competitively and market them to the right group then I can find some success. The goal is not to get filthy rich and I realize that more than likely won't happen. My initial goal right now is to get it up and running and to start slow with trying to build customers and get my name out there.

Electronics Bungalow will be a store that will have great prices for consumer electronics and be designed as a store college students can come to and find what they need for classes as well as looking for with recreation. I know when I was an undergrad there wasn't a whole lot of electronics places that had good deals for students. There was an on campus store, but that was more expensive than any place else. The store will be accessible for everyone, but I would really like to market it more to college students and have them see that there is an alternative store for them to turn to for their electronic needs for classes.

So I will try to update this blog everyday and keep everyone informed on the progress of the website. As it stands today, I am waiting to hear back about my wholesaler application then I will be building the website. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions on here as I love to hear feedback.

Andrew Owens
Electronics Bungalow

No comments:

Post a Comment